~*~ Kinder ~ 1st ~ 2nd ~ 3rd ~ 4th ~ 5th ~*~


Tuesday

The Parent Meeting

September 16, 2008
I attended the Kindergarten Parent Meeting tonight! As I entered the cafeteria I was greeted by a woman who asked if I was Amber. It turned out that her father works with Craig at EOG Resources and her mom was our realtor when we lived in Corpus Christi; we got together for lunch often. Kelly's mom Carolyn often spoke about her daughter, Kelly who lives in New Braunfels. She was so nice, so I think we will plan to have lunch sometime; just as her mother and I used to do. I was then introduced to one of Kelly's friends who lives off the road we live on. That led to another introduction to a woman who's son is in Alexis's kindergarten class. Lastly, we ended with Liz (we graduated together)....so it's a small, small world. I was chosen, along with two other moms, to be room mom! I also ran into the mom of the boy who kissed Alexis. I told Alexis to tell him, "my daddy said you better stop kissing me!" I also got the chance to meet the mother of one of Alexis's friends. She was excited and wishes to get our girls together soon.

No comments: